Who William Smith Are
William Smith Group 1832 Ltd. is a family run business located in Barnard Castle, North East England.
Experts in visual, we service our customers via three divisional brands William Smith, Smith Sign & Display and Architextural; providing a wide range of products suitable for the sign and graphics and architectural/building industries.
The data controller is William Smith Group 1832 Ltd. and is referenced throughout the policy notice as “we”, “us” or by name.
We believe in doing the right thing when it comes to using and storing your personal data. That is why we will explain:
• Who we are
• Where we got your information
• What we need and why need it
• Who we share your data with, and why
• International data transfers and security
• How long we hold your data
• Your rights
• Concerns or complaints
How William Smith Use Your Information
We may collect personal information about you via any of our brands including William Smith, Smith or Architextural when you:
- contact us for further information
- sign up for any of our newsletters
- register for an exhibition or event
- purchase an item from us both online and offline
- request a price, sample or marketing information
- telephone, email, write, text, contact us online or otherwise provide us with your personal information
We will collect personal information including name, company name, address, telephone number, email address and job title when you register so that we can process your order, manage your account and send offers about products and services that may be of interest to you.
We also use Google Analytics cookies to record information about which pages you have landed on and how you have navigated through the site. This data enables us to understand:
- which pages people visit
- which internet browsers are being used
- what pages or features are popular
- which interactive tools are used
What We Need And Why We Need It
We only use your data for purposes of business relations. Below is a list of reasons as to what we need and why.
What do we need?
- Your first and last name
- Job title
- Company address
- Your company email address
- Company telephone or mobile number
Why we need it?
- Make our services and goods available to you
- We need your data to inform about the products and services we sell and, where needed, to process orders and refunds.
- To make contact and interact with you
- New products and updates to our service offering, which may benefit your business, become available all the time. We want to ensure you are aware of them by sending you marketing communications (emails, post, online and offline advertisements and promotions).
- Personalise your William Smith Group 1832 Ltd. experience
- We want to ensure we meet your needs by offering you the correct products and services. By looking at your browsing activity we can tailor and personalise your online experience.
Who we share your data with, and why
We will not rent, swap or sell your personal information to other organisations for them to use in their own marketing activities.
The legal basis that we rely on for processing your data will depend upon the circumstances in which it is being collected and used, but will in most cases fall into one of the following categories:
- where you have provided your consent to allow us to use your data in a certain way
- where the processing is necessary to carry out for the performance of an order or information request
- where it is in our legitimate interests to processing transactions or sending you administrative communications
We use service providers (such as website agencies, printers, email marketing providers and marketing agencies) to help us provide you with our services.
We may give relevant persons within these service providers access to your personal information, but only to allow them to perform their services for us.
International data transfers and security
No current service providers are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA) but in the future this may be a possibility. If this is the case, we will endeavour to ensure that any data transfers outside of the EEA are carried out in compliance with relevant data protection legislation and that the processing of your data is subject to appropriate security measures.
How long do we keep your personal data?
Whenever we collect or process your details, we will only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
If you choose to delete your details at any point, we will remove your name, contact numbers and email address from the Account.
At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised, for example by aggregation with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning.
We will at your request, and at any time, provide you with a copy of any business or personal information that we are holding about you or your organisation. You may at any time ask us to amend or remove your business or personal details from our database by sending an email to email@example.com
Concerns or complaints
Tel: 01833 690305
William Smith Group 1832 Ltd.